THROUGH OUR SISTER COMPANY, Carolina Improv, Gina & Company provides custom in-house training programs to organizations using improvisation techniques that engage people to “learn by doing” in safe and non-judgmental learning environments. This interactive approach encourages individuals to think creatively and take risks within a team setting while promoting an attitude of “we’re all in this together.” Our programs apply improvisation techniques to relevant learning content as applicable to specific industries and areas of need.
If you’re thinking improv is about comedy, you’re right AND … there’s so much more that results from our soft skills training approach! Contrary to popular belief, laughter is one of the many results, but not the primary objective, of improvisational-based training programs.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A TRAINING WORKSHOP?
A one-on-one consultation to discussion your organization’s particular needs
A fun, interactive learning experience
An experience in which every participant will walk away with a better understanding of themselves and others
Role-plays tailored to your group
Memorable exercises and materials participants can practice and put to use in real life situations
Feedback from other participants
SPONTANEOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE
Providing excellent customer requires quick thinking, spontaneity, active listening and the ability to be hyperaware. The majority of training companies only offer curriculum, which can sometimes go in one ear and out the other. Our “Spontaneous” series gets people on their feet to apply the concepts they learn through improvisational exercises.
This interactive program will provide participants with the tools to:
- Define customer service
- Understand typical reasons for customer anger and dissatisfaction
- Identify key service steps
- Provide helpful tips on how to create lasting and memorable interactions with your guests and customers
- Think quick on their feet through improvisation
- Practice service skills that exceed the client/customer expectations
- Be more flexible in difficult situations
- Listen more actively and communicate more effectively
- Build trusting and professional relationships
SPONTANEOUS CUSTOMER DIFFUSION
Before we even attempt to deal with our most difficult customers, it is vital to understand typical reasons for their anger and dissatisfaction. We will discuss the most common customer complaints and see if they sound familiar to your business. In order to best deal with difficult customers, we have to communicate effectively and acknowledge the correct phrases to help turn a situation around for the better. This session will teach just that AND include interactive improvisation exercises to reinforce steps to success.
Communication is the single most important skill in developing positive relationships. Recent research indicates the average person only remembers about one quarter of what he or she hears and 92 percent of our communication is non-verbal. Further, studies have shown that poor listening skills often are the cause of mistakes and problems that cost organizations more than $1 billion a day. The ability to communicate and make presentations clearly and effectively is crucial in today’s fast-paced business environment. The program encourages participants to examine their own behavior and recognize the impact their behavior has on others and will help participants learn and implement their own effective style in various business settings. Through interactive improvisation exercises this program is designed to strengthen the listening skills of participants by providing them with “tips and tools” to help them in their everyday interactions with others.
This interactive program will provide participants with the tools to:
- Become better observers and listeners
- Make a great first impression
- Be in control of their body language and vocal tonality
- Be aware of the signals they are sending
- Use body language to neutralize potentially volatile situations
- Read an audience and adapt presentation style
- Recognize if someone is upset or angry
- Learn to use a sense of humor to create a more relaxed environment.
- Improve effectiveness as a leader through communication skills
- Go beyond the traditional way of thinking and create new mindsets.
- Learn to think creatively and problem solve in the moment.
- Create clear and purposeful messages that others can follow.
- Communicate effectively without speech.
This interactive program will provide participants with tools to enhance leadership skills during turbulent times through traditional training methods and by applying improvisation exercises to reinforce learning by doing. Being an effective leader requires specific traits that make us confident to make the right choices in leading others rather than following someone else. These traits include having a vision, listening, earning trust, motivating others, being humble and being able to have fun while leading. We will achieve success and become the leader that others respect and want to follow. Only the true leaders will be able to compete and continue to succeed and achieve upward mobility within their jobs. This program will define leadership through current day leadership examples, identify positive leadership traits and motivate participants to make the best choices for their leadership roles. Participants will be encouraged to share their leadership experiences with the group to learn from each other.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
We have proudly provided customized training and / or entertainment for the following organizations:
- Deloitte Consulting
- Better Business Bureau Chicago
- Blue Green Timeshare
- Phil Stefani’s Signature Restaurants (Chicago)
- Destination King (DMC)
- Gallo Wine
- Dana Hotel & Spa (Chicago)
- Acme Hotel (Chicago)
- Best Western Hawthorne (Chicago)
- Springmaid Beach Resort
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- Entertainment Cruises, Inc.
- Horry Telephone Cooperative
- Horry Georgetown Technical College
- Coastal Carolina University
- Fresnius Medical Care
- Greenville (NC) Housing Authority
- Greensboro Housing Authority
- Sonic Drive-In
- Indigo Physical Therapists
- Myrtle Beach Housing Authority
- Myrtle Beach Travel Park
- Riverbanks Zoo
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- Integra Fabrics
- Doric Burial Vaults
- South Carolina Manufacturing Alliance
- Beneteau USA
- Marriott Resort & Spa Myrtle Beach
- Beyond Management
- CVS Minute Clinics
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
- Carolinas Council of Housing Re-Development & Codes Officials
- South Carolina Student Financial Aid Advisors Association
- Rape Crisis Center
- Metro Parks Tacoma
“Training from CIC has been great in helping the staff to work better together. The team morale has improved. Also, I have noticed our staff taking more initiative in fixing things themselves instead of coming to me. Instead they are creating a solution and then letting me know what they have done so that I can evaluate if anything further needs to be done.” ~ Yoland Carmin, Rooms Manager, Dana Hotel & Spa Chicago
“The Carolina Improv Company encourages and incorporates team building through entertaining, energizing exercises. I would highly recommend this to any organization.” ~ Paul Nunez, HR Generalist, South Carolina Aquarium
“The most fun I have had in a workshop. The workshop gave me new insight into different aspects of customer service.” ~ Trish Ladensack, Wilson Housing Authority, Chief Financial Officer
“I would heartily recommend the Carolina Improv Company to any group or convention looking to do a little something different from the ‘same old same old’ and spice up their event!” ~ Cindy Hull, Marriott Myrtle Beach Resort & Spa
For more information or a quote, call today! (843) 597-6393